Yugioh Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yugioh Legends

A forum for the members of the YGO team on Duel Monsters Genesis

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th

Go down 
+9
YGO 5Ds -Jack
YGO 5Ds - Ghost
YGO DM - Yugi Muto
YGO 5Ds - Aporia - José
YGO Zexal - Tori
YGO Leader -Mai Valentine
Jesse Anderson
YGO 5Ds Co-Leader - Yusei
5D's Co-Founder - Carly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:34 am

Ahh is it so hard to do a pure archetype deck guys Shocked

Jose you can't use Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute, United we Stand, or Nimble Momonga because they are not part of the Granel archetype. If they were, I would be very astonished lol!

Guys you must read the rules on my first post and follow them. You can only run members of your archetype and supports cards - support for your archetype and support for your type / attribute. For example, you can use Limiter Removal because Granel is a Machine archetype. These rules aren't hard to get, I don't understand Suspect
Back to top Go down
YGO DM - Yugi Muto

YGO DM - Yugi Muto

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:45 am

I do not like "pure" decks Sad it takes the fun out of constructing decks.
Back to top Go down
YGO 5Ds - Aporia - José

YGO 5Ds - Aporia - José

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:09 am

but carly lucciano used torrential and dark hole its almost the same thing they are used to destroy the core.
Those Card make effect destruction and to play granel i need some of them =/.
its ok about united.

But granel atk points come from my lp so i think nimble should be allowed.

Ah and one last question what about Opti-Camouflge Armor i will not even ask about rank 1 Xyz's lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:12 am

Jose, they arent part of the archetype, besides you can use cards that destroy machine type monsters instead such as Twin Vortex etc it isnt character decks
Back to top Go down
Jesse Anderson

Jesse Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:22 am

Nosé, about the camoflauge thingy: It needs a LEVEL 1 monster, and XYZ monsters are sadly alway classified as level 0 unless proven otherwise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:32 am

Carly i just realised, you cant use any fusion cards for your E-Heroes except the ones for them, that means no Poly, no Fusion Gate...
Back to top Go down
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:23 am

Polymerization is usable because you need it for the Fusions. It's not a rule for me only, it also applies to all Fusions archetypes such as the Gem-Knights or Cyber Dragons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:56 am

bit contradictory that, so fusion archetypes can use Poly but my discard archetype cant use discard cards, Joses self destroy cant use self destroy cards etc unless they fit in with the archetype anyway, in my opinion it should all be the same, either they can or they cant and thats it, besides, Gem Knights have their own fusion cards and there are a few machine fusion cards so they can make do, you say it like this just cause youd only be stuck with 2 fusion cards, Miracle Fusion and Parallel World Fusion. I know this may seem like im snapping but im not it just doesnt seem all that fair to me is all
Back to top Go down
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Yusei, this is fair, because without Polymerization you cannot use Fusions, whereas you can use for example Fableds even without 'discard' cards like Card Destruction. It's a as simple as that. I'm not saying that just to give myself an advantage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:11 pm

wouldnt that simply mean you would have to use a different archetype?
Back to top Go down
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:03 pm

YGO 5Ds Co-Leader - Yusei wrote:
wouldnt that simply mean you would have to use a different archetype?
You're not going to beat me with my own rules, I know what I wrote Shocked

Don't tell me that Jesse is the only one that understands the rules ? lol!
Back to top Go down
YGO 5Ds - Ghost

YGO 5Ds - Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Dark World is mine to use
Back to top Go down
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Well ok since everyone seems to have a hard time understanding the rules I've set, I'll just withdraw from the tourney and be a judge.

That way I can check if every deck follows the rules, so can I please ask every participant to give a full copy of their final deck.

If I withdraw, no one can say I'm cheating lol! (of course, Yusei Very Happy ?)

Guys I feel like I'm asking you such a big deal about those rules, is it that hard to build a pure archetype deck ? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:43 pm

its hard when theres exceptions to it
Back to top Go down
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:50 pm

There were no exceptions, and to prove it to you I even withdrew from my own tournament Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jesse Anderson

Jesse Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:10 pm

...The hell did I just see?
Both sides are actually quite right. But the thing is, if we allow Self Destruct Cards and Discard cards, most of the decks will run them. Sure, they are supportive, but you cannot have 50% of the deck non-archetype .-.
Say Granel Deck, he can have a deck containing say... 30 cards minimum of the Archetype and the rest is supportive, that's what I would call allowed.
Back to top Go down
YGO 5Ds -Jack

YGO 5Ds -Jack

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:41 pm

i will judge
Back to top Go down
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:01 am

Jesse Anderson wrote:
...The hell did I just see?
Both sides are actually quite right. But the thing is, if we allow Self Destruct Cards and Discard cards, most of the decks will run them. Sure, they are supportive, but you cannot have 50% of the deck non-archetype .-.
Say Granel Deck, he can have a deck containing say... 30 cards minimum of the Archetype and the rest is supportive, that's what I would call allowed.
Ahh thank you Jesse cheers I think you're the only one who understands my rules lol!

Jakku, thank you for judging ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:02 am

Carly, hes siding with both of us at the same time
Back to top Go down
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:03 am

YGO 5Ds Co-Leader - Yusei wrote:
Carly, hes siding with both of us at the same time
So what ? He said exactly what I'm saying since the beginning XD

Don't forget to show me your deck, Yusei.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:48 pm

carly heres a link it says all my feelings about this archetype buisness and what not

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/7820-generic-rules-for-an-archetype/

basicaly it goes on to explain that you want us to use essentially pure decks but because there is so many builds including those archetypes it is impossible for us to play these decks the way or build these decks the way we want to
Back to top Go down
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:11 pm

What I ask is not impossible, it's because you're not use to playing like that. Jesse and I are. When there is an archetype with enough cards, I often happen to only use these monsters with their support, without Mirror Force or Monster Reborn, or anything of the kind. This is what I'm asking you to do, so inevitably you have to choose an archetype with enough cards.
Lightsworn, Gladial Beasts, Crystal Beasts, Six Samurai, Black Feathers etc let you do that, Duel terminals archetypes let you do that, because they have a lot of cards in their own archetype and can be self-sufficient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Carly, question, if i was to make an AoJ deck could i use DNA Transplant in to to change everything to light attribute?
Back to top Go down
5D's Co-Founder - Carly

5D's Co-Founder - Carly

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:16 pm

DNA Transplant is not part of the Ally of Justice archetype. I'm not making any exceptions guys pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:31 pm

i dont care after all ive got mine i was just wondering as its something i put in AoJ decks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th   Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pure Archetype Tournament - April 29th
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next