A forum for the members of the YGO team on Duel Monsters Genesis

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Rank System in Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YGO DM Odion Ishtar

PostSubject: A Rank System in Team   Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 pm

If anyone played Megaman Battle Network 3 know about the ranking system it the game.

To better understand this...

The Ranking

The denizens of the Undernet give a great deal of weight to power, and as such, organize themselves loosely according to their own strength – the most important of all these systems is called the "Ranking", a name given both to group of Navis who hold specific items of recognition called "Ranks" and the competition into which one enters to earn them. For example, Lan and MegaMan.EXE, while under the aforementioned commission of the Officials, are allowed access into the Ranking upon the defeat of ten other would-be entrants, later dubbed as “the reckless ten.”

The Ranking consists of up to ten NetNavis, each of whom hold a Rank. Each Rank is marked with a number, and they increase in value the closer one gets to Rank 1, with the lowest Rank being Rank 10. Entrants into the ranking must start by attempting to earn Rank 10 and work their way up. A quick note must be observed: the Ranks in and of themselves do not grant power, but measure it – those with higher Ranks are naturally stronger than those below them. Lesser-rank holders have been known to subordinate themselves to higher Rank holders (as in the case of Rank-Owners 4, 5, and 6 working under Rank-Owner 3 to kill MegaMan), and the Rank-Owner is free to dispense with his Rank in any way he sees fit (for example, in order to obtain an early Rank, Lan and MegaMan are sent to find a piece of Origami instead of combat), and may choose to hand it over freely, grant it to one who has passed a test (as in the Origami case described above, though, admittedly, many of these tests are battles), or, in certain cases, to leave with the rank intact even when bested – this last reason has led to the prevailing mentality that a Rank must be obtained and maintained with force.

So the team would have the top 10 people who are really good in dueling. Rank 1 being the highest and rank 10 being the lowest. For people who want to move up the Rank to #1 you have to be beat the person that's ahead oh you. Any rank member can challenge the other peson ahead so rank 2 would duel rank 1 for his or her rank. So here a example...

I'm rank 10 and if I want to go up the rank and get to rank 1. I would have to defeat the rank 9 person in a best 2/3 match. I soon became rank 9. Now I duel rank 8 for their rank and so on.

Now the other thing about this is "what about the people that are not in the top 10". Well that's the other fun apart about this. Everybody that's not in the top 10 will duel each other till their only 1 person left for a chance to fight the rank 10 member and become Rank 10 member yourself. And then you can try to rank up.

If people like this idea, I will post rules and stuff.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM - Yugi Muto

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Thu May 03, 2012 10:51 am

I like this idea Smile

On the note of "what about those who are not in the rank 10?" why not just have it like in Afro-Samurai, where anyone can challange the rank 10 for his rank?

Also, another thing about this is that it will split this guild up between those who are strong, and those who are not Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jesse Anderson

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm

I agree with Joey, this can split it up to a competive guild. I like the idea, but think about this:
What about a ranking system, that you go into "Fight for glory and honro" to challenge people. If you win a match, you get a point. Everyone can challenge everyone and get points, meaning even if a new guy joined, he can challenge a leader if he so wants. So let's say I wanna duel Nosé. I go into there, and write a topic named "Jesse Anderson vs Nosé", then add some lines of words and then wait for Nosé to accept it. If he do, we duel when we can and the score is posted on the topic. If I loose, I go in there and write that I lost and Nosé got a point, meaning he now have 1 and comes a little higher on a Scoreboard I'll take care of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM Odion Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Thu May 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Well the rules I thought about was it wouldn't be fun if the top 10 all had "oh how we say Dino Rabbit decks or other top tier decks". I was thinking on how can a person truly prove their good. It's by rules...

1. Has to be a 40 card deck.

2. 20 Monsters 10 Spells 10 Traps.

3. Can not use cards that are limited and semi limited.

4 You can use 1 to 2 copies of the same card.

5. More to come Very Happy

With this set of rules, this leaves each person at an disadvantage where they must build a deck that that's not really going to be a top tier deck and with out staples cards. This let them prove their good in dueling and making deck. IDK this should help a little, I like your idea to Jesse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO 5Ds Co-Leader - Yusei

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Thu May 03, 2012 6:52 pm

well thing is if you tried to apply those rules to it they would have to apply to the people challenging them as well otherwise the challenger isnt proving how good they are if they decide to use a top tier deck, it would have to be a rules apply to all kind of situation otherwise no one would really earn the place, and i thought when i first read this wed be doing it with character decks as its a team thing but nvm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM Odion Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Yeah everybody will have to make the deck with those rules so their both be disadvantage so it can be fair. Plus the character decks idea would make more sense but some character decks are way better than others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO Zexal - Tori

PostSubject: hi   Thu May 03, 2012 7:53 pm

with those rule. the challenge thing don't sound fun at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM Odion Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Thu May 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Alright character decks then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO 5Ds - Aporia - José

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Fri May 04, 2012 2:43 am

Jesse Anderson wrote:
I agree with Joey, this can split it up to a competive guild. I like the idea, but think about this:
What about a ranking system, that you go into "Fight for glory and honro" to challenge people. If you win a match, you get a point. Everyone can challenge everyone and get points, meaning even if a new guy joined, he can challenge a leader if he so wants. So let's say I wanna duel Nosé. I go into there, and write a topic named "Jesse Anderson vs Nosé", then add some lines of words and then wait for Nosé to accept it. If he do, we duel when we can and the score is posted on the topic. If I loose, I go in there and write that I lost and Nosé got a point, meaning he now have 1 and comes a little higher on a Scoreboard I'll take care of.

Shocked why the hell you have to challenge me =.= and by the way if that thing already started i totally won that duel the yugi one lol! against u jess Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO 5Ds - Aporia - José

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 am

YGO DM Odion Ishtar wrote:
Well the rules I thought about was it wouldn't be fun if the top 10 all had "oh how we say Dino Rabbit decks or other top tier decks". I was thinking on how can a person truly prove their good. It's by rules...

1. Has to be a 40 card deck.

2. 20 Monsters 10 Spells 10 Traps.

3. Can not use cards that are limited and semi limited.

4 You can use 1 to 2 copies of the same card.

5. More to come Very Happy

With this set of rules, this leaves each person at an disadvantage where they must build a deck that that's not really going to be a top tier deck and with out staples cards. This let them prove their good in dueling and making deck. IDK this should help a little, I like your idea to Jesse.

lol then one thing i cant use granel with those rules >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM Odion Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Fri May 04, 2012 3:55 am

Forget about the rules I wrote nobody like them. Just use your character deck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jesse Anderson

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Fri May 04, 2012 10:41 am

To be honest, I didn't like dividing the team into good and not at all really. I just find it good the way it is, no need to show who's the best and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM Odion Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Fri May 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Dang then my idea sucks then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO GX Leader-Darkness

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Fri May 04, 2012 10:47 pm

It doesnt really has to mean the Idea sucks. If you want I can talk it over about a rank system, but you gotta know that out team is 100 per cent free of competitivness. A harsh rank system may get things way too much like "Im better than you" and stuff, thing that I want to be away of, since I dispite competitive try hards.

If there was any kind of ranking system it would be of colaboration to the team, like mediators and stuff, but never a ranking system that depends on how good you are. If you want to do anything like that, go like yusei and start doing tournys :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO Leader -Mai Valentine

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Sat May 05, 2012 8:16 am

noo....we dont need a ranking system wouldnt be fun with one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM Leader - Pegasus

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:03 pm

so your saying that if I could beat the president of america or president of any country in a fist fight, I should be the president?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM - Yugi Muto

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:45 pm

YGO DM Leader - Pegasus wrote:
so your saying that if I could beat the president of america or president of any country in a fist fight, I should be the president?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rank System in Team   

Back to top Go down

A Rank System in Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1