A forum for the members of the YGO team on Duel Monsters Genesis

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rumor of dmg closure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YGO Leader -Mai Valentine

PostSubject: Rumor of dmg closure   Tue May 29, 2012 10:20 am

i just wanted to know if any one else has heard of this rumor because some guy told em and jessie that dmg was being shut down in august if true what will..we do! because i personally cant live without you guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO 5Ds Co-Leader - Yusei

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 am

Guess we just go to another game or something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM - Yugi Muto

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   Wed May 30, 2012 9:13 am

They can take our game, they can take our cards and our decks, but they cannot take... OUR FREEDOM!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jesse Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 am

What I understood from the case he said, was the following: Konami heard of the game, and it had alot more attention than their games, and since it's free, they gain no profit from it. I think they think it's like "Pirating". Since of this, they've been talking to UD about copyrighted issues about this. Since he can do nothing, he need to close it down at autumn. I cannot verify anything if this is true, I can only claim what I think I heard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO Zexal - Tori

PostSubject: hi   Wed May 30, 2012 12:48 pm

konami is dumb. we have to spend money on real life card and they want to make us pay for a game and the online card refering to the online yu-gi-oh game konami have. it is dumb. all konami cares about is money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5Ds Leader Kiryu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   Wed May 30, 2012 3:38 pm

YGO DM - Joey Wheeler wrote:
They can take our game, they can take our cards and our decks, but they cannot take... OUR FREEDOM!

LOL ^ this.....i just watched that movie a few days ago

and konami's yugioh online game is free to play....just in order to not get one random free card a day u gotta pay for shit with actual monies.....there is another free yugioh game out there, Yugi-Pro, however in order to play each player needs to download a himachi server and set up yer own personal server network on which to connect other players too, and not to mention i believe its still only a korean import atm....but ya if u feel like learning server coding and creating one from scratch go for it....i dunno if imma bother with yugi-pro, seems like alotta work for sumthing konami will get pissed at and try to shut down.....and regarding the konami thing with DMG, this isnt the first time its been brought up, like when the game changed to Magic and Wizards, which was the name of the card game they played in season 0 of yugioh, so ya last time DMG was changed to that, then the issue passed, i dunno wat will happen this time around, but if DMG goes because of konami, then DN and Yugi-pro will also no longer be safe or get a similar treatment.....id rather like to stay on DMG, outta all of em it has more variety and a more solid duel interface.....but if it does get shut down i will be looking for suggestions on other games we can play together.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamygo.forumotion.com
YGO Leader -Mai Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   Wed May 30, 2012 8:25 pm

5Ds Leader Kiryu wrote:
YGO DM - Joey Wheeler wrote:

LOL ^ this.....i just watched that movie a few days ago

and konami's yugioh online game is free to play....just in order to not get one random free card a day u gotta pay for shit with actual monies.....there is another free yugioh game out there, Yugi-Pro, however in order to play each player needs to download a himachi server and set up yer own personal server network on which to connect other players too, and not to mention i believe its still only a korean import atm....but ya if u feel like learning server coding and creating one from scratch go for it....i dunno if imma bother with yugi-pro, seems like alotta work for sumthing konami will get pissed at and try to shut down.....and regarding the konami thing with DMG, this isnt the first time its been brought up, like when the game changed to Magic and Wizards, which was the name of the card game they played in season 0 of yugioh, so ya last time DMG was changed to that, then the issue passed, i dunno wat will happen this time around, but if DMG goes because of konami, then DN and Yugi-pro will also no longer be safe or get a similar treatment.....id rather like to stay on DMG, outta all of em it has more variety and a more solid duel interface.....but if it does get shut down i will be looking for suggestions on other games we can play together.

well im personally up for any game as long as we dont all go our seperate ways id miss you guys waay too much
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO Zexal - Tori

PostSubject: hi   Wed May 30, 2012 8:58 pm

the only problem with finding a other game is will it be as good as DMG. that if DMG get shut down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO DM - Yugi Muto

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   Wed May 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Luckily it wasn't an RPG game or anything, so it didn't require you to work for your success, so we could easily recreate our decks on some other game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO GX- Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   Thu May 31, 2012 1:42 pm

there is duel monster expert 2 but the card names are weird because their from the manga
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YGO GX Leader-Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   Thu May 31, 2012 7:48 pm

I personally call this one Fake, this topic was brought up like 10000 times and it never happened, there was even a aprils fool prank on this. But IDK, if it actually happens we will have to search for a game to play together and stuff. It doesn't actually Have to be a YUGIOH game, we can come up with any other game, MMORPGS and such for example.
That's fine by me at least

However, I will try to find our more info about this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jesse Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:59 pm

I vote on MMORPGS, ever heard of Lord of the Rings online? A pretty fun game and free too! Played it before, I don't 100% recommend it, but it's kinda fun.

Another one is Private Server World of Warcraft (Torrents are easy to find online and then I can give a class on joining).

I think more of us knows other MMORPG Games, maybe look at a top ten list? I think I saw one earlier that I can link to.

All from me.

EDIT: Then we also have Maplestory which also is free.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor of dmg closure   

Back to top Go down

Rumor of dmg closure
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1